Global environmental sustainability depends on intact and healthy ecosystems. Many of the earth’s ecosystems have been stressed or degraded, some to the point where they cannot recover.
The poor, who depend most directly on their natural environment for food, shelter and income, are the first to feel the effects of environmental deterioration. Forced to live on marginal lands, the poor are at greatest risk from external factors such as climate change. Without financial resources or the knowledge to manage vulnerable resources in a sustainable way, they are often forced to degrade their lands in order to survive, thus contributing to the problem and perpetuating their poverty.
N Alam Group, with a view to contributing to have a sustainable environment in Bangladesh, has been relentlessly pondering over changing the fate of the poor. The poor, in Bangladesh, drastically lack financial resources and also the knowledge to manage vulnerable resources in a sustainable way.
Maintaining a balanced and environment-friendly ecosystem is the basis of sustainable environment. Ecosystem plays a decisive role in maintaining health, food, security, economic growth, and social peace. Environmental sustainability the ability of communities of plants, animals, microorganisms and their non-living surroundings to sustain themselves, and people, far into the future depends on intact and healthy ecosystems. The natural resources that ecosystems prone-such as potable water and local food sources- have been compromised and phenomena such as climate change and natural disasters are compounding these problems.
The connection between the physical environment and survival is most direct for the poor, who contribute positively to the environment through indigenous knowledge and practices that protect natural resources.
N Alam Group has been able to trace out the following realities:
1) The poor are often the first to feel the impacts of environmental deterioration.
2) Many live on marginal lands or high risk areas that are susceptible to flooding or landsides and are vulnerable to natural disasters.
3) The poor typically do not have secure right to environmental resources.
4) The poor do not have adequate access to information and expertise, which limits their capacity to protect their environment and improve their livelihoods and well-being.
5) Many are often forced to use natural resources beyond sustainable levels in order to survive, thus leading to environmental degradation and deepening their poverty.
6) Women, the world’s main food producers and fuel and water collectors, are especially affected by environmental deterioration and lack of rights to land tenure and control over resources.
With a view to making awareness among people of all sectors, N Alam Group shall take necessary initiatives to disseminate the ideas relating to sustainable environment. As such, people shall be given relevant trainings through which they might be able to help maintain a healthy environment around them. Irrespective of urban or rural people, such training should go on until a satisfactory standard is achieved. A monitoring cell shall be formed which will evaluate the achievement on yearly basis.
N Alam Group, thus, could identify the problems lying with environmental sustainability, and is committed to stand by the poor with all its resources and sincerity.
You or your organization wants to be our part please feel free contact us. Click Here